Thursday, January 01, 2009

I have one of those lives.

If they call you strange, that’s OK with you. You meet more interesting people this way. Let your new outlook on life take you somewhere else.

"For a long time it seemed to me that life was about to begin - real life. But there was always some obstacle in the way, some unfinished business. At last it dawned on me that this was my life. There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way."
--Souza

"It'll be fun, it'll be a thrill. Something stupid, something bad for you, just something different. Isn't this the point of being young? It's your choice. People can live a hundred years without really living for a minute. You climb up here with me, it's one less minute you haven't lived."
--'Gilmore Girls'

We're conditioned to think that our lives revolve around great moments. But great moments often catch us unaware -- beautifully wrapped in what others may consider a small one.

I never asked for it to be over. Then again, I never asked for it to begin. That’s the way it is with life. Some of the most beautiful days come completely by chance. But even the most beautiful days have their sunsets.

Life’s not about expecting, hoping and wishing. It’s about doing, being and becoming. It’s about the choices you’ve just made, and the ones you’re about to make. It’s about the things you choose to say - today. It’s about what you’re gonna do after you finish reading this.

Some people have one of those days… I have one of those lives.

No comments: