Friday, November 13, 2009

All you have to say is yes.

"I wish I could say everything there was to say in one word. I hate all the things that can happen between the beginning of a sentence and the end."
--Leonard Cohen

"To tell it is to live through it all again. Actions are the first tragedy in life, words are the second."
--Oscar Wilde

"I do not care what car you drive. Where you live. If you know someone who knows someone who knows someone. If your clothes are this years cutting edge. If your trust fund is unlimited. If you are A-list B-list or never heard of you list. I only care about the words that flutter from your mind. They are the only thing you truly own. The only thing I will remember you by. I will not fall in love with your bones and skin. I will not fall in love with the places you have been. I will not fall in love with anything but the words that flutter from your extraordinary mind."
--Andre Jordan, 'Extraordinary Mind'

"Sometimes you meet yourself on the road before you have a chance to learn the appropriate greeting. Faced with your own possibilities, the hard part is knowing a speech is not required. All you have to say is yes."
--Pearl Cleage, 'What Looks Like Crazy on an Ordinary Day'

No comments: