Thursday, January 24, 2013

Forget the future.

“I’ll walk forever with stories inside me that the people I love the most can never hear.”
--Michelle Hodkin

“People will kill you over time, and how they’ll kill you is with tiny, harmless phrases, like ‘be realistic.’”
--Dylan Moran

“What fascinates me are people who want to be one thing but who behave in a way contradictory to that. Who might say, ‘I want to be happy, but I keep doing things that make me unhappy.”
--Paul Schrader

“And as we live our lives we discover - drawing toward us the thin threads attached to each - what has been lost. I closed my eyes and tried to bring to mind as many beautiful lost things as I could. Drawing them closer, holding on to them.”
--Haruki Murakami

“I’m lost. And it’s my own fault. It’s about time I figured out that I can’t ask people to keep me found.”
--Anne Sexton

“Do not look for a sanctuary in anyone except your self.”
--Siddhārtha Gautama

“I would like to be known as an intelligent woman, a courageous woman, a loving woman, a woman who teaches by being.”
--Maya Angelou

“Forget the future. I’d worship someone who could do that."
--Rumi

“There’s an opposite to déjà vu. They call it jamais vu. It’s when you meet the same people or visit places, again and again, but each time is the first. Everybody is always a stranger. Nothing is ever familiar.”
--Chuck Palahniuk

“Excess is not really something I consider a bad thing; especially when you are talking about living.”
--Oscar de la Renta

“Mad people = people who stand alone and burn. I’m attracted to them because they give me permission to do the same.”
--Susan Sontag

“If you think adventure is dangerous, try routine. It is lethal.”
--Paulo Coelho

“To be noticed without striving to be noticed, this is what elegance is about.”
--Luciano Barbera

“People think you’re crazy if you talk about things they don’t understand.”
--Elvis Presley

“Sometimes it takes darkness and the sweet confinement of your aloneness to learn that anything or anyone that does not bring you alive is too small for you.”
--David Whyte

“You have to be tougher. You have to learn the way to beat your path through, to make yourself felt, and make yourself necessary.”
--Grace Coddington

“People are just as wonderful as sunsets if I can let them be…when I look at a sunset, I don’t find myself saying, “soften the orange a bit on the right hand corner”. I don’t try to control a sunset. I watch with awe as it unfolds.”
--Carl Rogers 

“I would rather own little and see the world, than own the world and see little of it.”
--Unknown

“Buying books is immensely comforting. Maybe I won’t read them immediately, but they make me feel so much better whenever I’m sad and blue. Just their presence, it’s like having more to look forward to.”
--Unknown

"I don't ever want to be taught how to do something artistic, no matter what it is, because I'm always worried that if I'm taught how to do it, I'll do it like the person that taught me."
--Tyler Knott Gregson

“My solitude doesn’t depend on the presence or absence of people; on the contrary, I hate who steals my solitude without, in exchange, offering me true company.”
--Friedrich Nietzsche

“Don’t grieve. Anything you lose comes round in another form.”
--Rumi

“I’ve learned that waiting is the most difficult bit, and I want to get used to the feeling, knowing that you’re with me, even when you’re not by my side.”
--Paulo Coelho, 'Eleven Minutes'

“So build yourself as beautiful as you want your world to be. Wrap yourself in light then give yourself away with your heart, your brush, your march, your art, your poetry, your play. And for every day you paint the war, take a week and paint the beauty, the color, the shape of the landscape you’re marching towards. Everyone knows what you’re against; show them what you’re for.”
--Andrea Gibson, 'Evolution'

“Beautiful things should belong to beautiful souls.”
--Muriel Barbery

6 comments:

Aline said...

Hello there!
I love your beautiful blog! It's so comforting spend my afternoons reaing those inspiring quotes... thank you!

Anonymous said...

so beautiful!

Minhaz Uddin said...

Amazing Quotes Blog! Thanks for nice quotes collection.
Cute Love Quotes | Love Failure Quotes | Fanous Movie Quotes

Unknown said...

Amazing Quotes you shared with us.
Download Android Apk Free Online | Solitaire Arena

Unknown said...

Awesome quotes, Difference Between

Unknown said...

Hello Blog admin I want to share some useful articles here for anyone looking for financial help to get through.
I want to talk about a God Fearing loan lender who lend me $400,000.00 to finance my business when I couldn't get help from my community bank here in Ohio, Mr Pedro was very nice to work with in every aspect of financial assistance so I will advise anyone here looking for a loan to contact Mr Pedro on Email / WhatsApp text.
Pedro Email: pedroloanss@gmail.com
Mr Pedro WhatsApp text: +1 863 231 0632