Thursday, August 28, 2008

Nothing sucks worse than feeling alone.

Many things lost, but much gained. You never know what you had until it's gone, and you never know what you really want until you're alone. I haven't really changed, but I'm not the same person. Being alone either makes you get wiser or just insane, but maybe I'm both?

"Because nothing sucks worse than feeling alone, no matter how many people are around."
--'Scrubs'

What I want is to be needed. What I need is to be indispensable to somebody. Who I need is somebody that will eat up all my free time, my ego, my attention. A mutual addiction.

New York City is the type of environment that reminds you of how human you are. The type of place that lets you hurt anonymously. If a stranger passes and sees you crying alone at your restaurant table, they keep walking. They may exchange a glance with their date, or raise their eyebrows in pity, but they don’t care enough to stop and ask you why or how you are. I needed New York.

It seems that every relationship produces its share of disappointments, insecurity, and pain. Anyone who has never been hurt, is either very lucky or very lonely.

No comments: