Thursday, August 07, 2008

We all had secrets.

Every single person has at least one secret that would break your heart. If we could just remember this, I think there would be a lot more compassion and tolerance in the world.

She’s hiding a graveyard behind those lips.

The best way to find out a secret? A bottle of Grey Goose and a game of truth.

I don't think I could've hated him. I don't think it was in me. As over him as I was + as much as he hated me, I simply couldn't hate him. Because I knew him. I knew the way he was. And in the six months we were together I had known him in a way no one else ever could've. He let me in. I knew the look in his eyes. I knew as angry + hateful as he could be, he was just as loving + I knew deep down he could never hate me. We all had secrets. I knew his. And he was mine. And I'd never tell.

People dont keep journals for themselves. They keep them for other people, like a secret they dont want to tell, but they want everyone to know.

There are two kinds of secrets: those we keep from others and those we hide from ourselves.

I've been thinking a lot about secrets, that for everyone who has a secret there is someone else who needs to know that secret. How secrets keep you from feeling that you belong, and sometimes they make you feel like you do belong.

No comments: