Monday, September 01, 2008

I am yours and you are mine.

It's what is inside of us that's such a mystery, because after all this time we still haven't shown people who we are, even though we want to.

An artist is someone who produces things that people don't need to have but that he - for some reason - thinks it would be a good idea to give them.

It's hard to get to know her because she keeps her world at arms length. But in those fleeting moments that she has let me in, I have seen in her such an enormous courage and heart that anybody would be lucky to call her theirs.

If you reach out and nobody takes your hand, you stop reaching out, and reach inside instead.

She thought about how happy she was and how sad she was and all the things she wanted to do but never did and all of the things she did but didn't want to.

But it was okay not to fit in everywhere, as long as you did somewhere.

Outwardly, I was everything a well brought up girl should be. Inside, I was screaming.

I want to be able to comfort my friends in tragedy, and I want to be able to celebrate with them in triumph. And for all the times in between, I want to be able to look them in the eye.

You can't start a fire without a spark.

She doesn't know any better. He's the only one who's ever told her she was beautiful, and she's afraid she'll never hear it from anyone else.

You're cold, but your beautiful. You're a mess, but I like it that way. If you're always looking for reasons not to be with someone, then you find them. But at some point you just have to let go, and give your heart what it deserves.

We can't expect everybody to be there for us, all at once. So it's a lucky thing that really, all you need is someone.

If she's amazing, she won't be easy. If she's easy, she wont be amazing. If she's worth it, you won't give up. If you give up, you're not worthy.

You’re better than gorgeous. Gorgeous is just lucky DNA. You’re...vivid. Compelling. That’s the sort of thing that comes from inside spaces, so it’s better than gorgeous.

"Stay loose. Stay liquid. Laugh a lot. But be ready."
--'You, Me, and Dupree'

I use mouthwash & sometimes I floss. I've got a family and I drink cups of tea. I've got nostalgic pavements, I've got familiar faces, I've got mixed up memories & I've got favorite places.

I think I wished for you all my life.

There's a lump in my throat, but I don't know why. There are so many things to cry for.

"If you're good at something, never do it for free."
--The Joker, 'The Dark Knight'

I love quotations because it is a joy to find thoughts one might have, beautifully expressed with much authority by someone recognized wiser than oneself.

It's good for your soul. If you have a desire to write, that means there's stuff in you that wants out. And if you don't write things down, you just forget them.

And I tap on their shoulder and they turn around smiling, but there's no recognition in their eyes.

Everywhere and every time, I am yours and you are mine.

No comments: