Sunday, September 21, 2008

It's not worth it.

There's a story about the greek gods: they were bored so they invented human beings, but they were still bored so they invented love. Then they weren't bored any longer so they decided to try love for themselves. And finally, they invented laughter so they could stand it.

"The real lover is a man who can thrill you just by kissing your forehead, or looking into your eyes, or staring into space."
--Marilyn Monroe

For as long as I can remember, my mother has always been telling me to never get married and to just adopt children. Out of 43 years of marriage, that's the advice she gives me about love. She tells me to never fall in love with a boy, that it's not worth it. I'm not blaming her for my failed relationships, but I do think the words she speaks to me played a part.

Someday someone might come into your life and love you the way you've always wanted. If your someday was yesterday, learn. If your someday is tomorrow, hope. If your someday is today, cherish.

No comments: