Saturday, October 25, 2008

The kisses alone don't work.

>"How are you?"
>>"I am whatever you need me to be."

You have a serious problem of distorting reality. You could sleep with the entire planet and still feel rejected.

"I'm the girl who is lost in space, the girl who is disappearing always, forever fading away and receding farther and farther into the background. Just like the Cheshire cat, someday I will suddenly leave, but the artificial warmth of my smile, that phony, clownish curve, the kind you see on miserably sad people and villains in Disney movies, will remain behind as an ironic remnant. I am the girl you see in the photograph from some party someplace or some picnic in the park, the one who is in fact soon to be gone. When you look at the picture again, I want to assure you, I will no longer be there. I will be erased from history, like a traitor in the Soviet Union. Because with every day that goes by, I feel myself becoming more and more invisible."
--Elizabeth Wurtzel

"I wish I knew what men wanted. They seem to love an independent woman until they lose control of her."
--Dita Von Teese

"There are two ways to reach me: by way of kisses or by way of the imagination. But there is a hierarchy: the kisses alone don’t work."
--Anais Nin

They say learn from your mistakes. That’s not always the case. I see them and I understand how I made them again and again.

No comments: