Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I wanted it all and that's what I got

All random lyrics

Maybe you want her, maybe you need her
Maybe you had her, maybe you lost her

Girls do what they want
Boys do what they can

And I hope you have more luck with this than me

The longer you think, the less you know what to do

You know I still adore you
But in a different kind of way
You know I still adore you
But things have gotten vague

Just take me back to the start
When your earthquake was just cracks
You must ask yourself everyday
Just how high are the highs

I believe in anything that brings you back home to me

Half the distance
Half the motion
Communication
It's easy as the ocean

I'll miss the playgrounds and the animals and digging up worms
I'll miss the comfort of my mother and the weight of the world
I'll miss my sister, miss my father, miss my dog and my home
Yeah, I'll miss the boredom and the freedom and the time spent alone

She'll lead you down a path, there'll be tenderness in the air
She'll let you come just far enough, so you know she's really there
And she'll look at you and smile, and her eyes will say
She's got a secret garden
Where everything you want, where everything you need
Will always stay a million miles away

The girl I was with a business degree probably wouldn't recognize me
I was gonna run the bank, I was gonna run the math
Now all I wanna run is a bubble bath
Back then, you know, I had this plan before all this reality set in
Here comes life, boy, ready or not
Hey, I wanted it all and that's what I got

No comments: