Thursday, October 16, 2008

I'm only looking at you.

"I am a person that has high highs and low lows," she says, slowly. "You know, I am always growing emotionally and I'm very aware of everything that I go through and that I experience personally. I'm always learning something about myself, whether it's a good or a bad thing, that I need to work on. A lot of things make me sad. Sometimes it's almost easier to be sad. But you do end up finding a balance and I think that as I get older I am learning what I can do for myself to make me happy."

Always behave like a duck. Keep calm and unruffled on the surface, but paddle like hell underwater.

"For instance, I've seen that you're one of maybe three people in the world that likes pizza flavored chips. You're also the only person that I've seen spend more time on the roof of her house than in her actual house, or what you do when you're reading books, not US weekly, but you are reading substantial books. You also do this thing...it's like an OCD thing, but it's not. Whenever you are leaving your room, you grab the doorknob and you are ready to leave, but you don't and you back up, turn, and stare at yourself. It's not like an "I'm so hot" stare, it's more like a "who am I really?" and it's just so cool. Then when you look out your window. You dont look at people, you look at the world and you try to figure out and understand the world and why it's not in order like your books, but I'm only looking at you."
--'Disturbia'

"It's better to be looked over then over looked."
--Mae West

"And we should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once. And we should call ever truth false which was not accompanied by at least one laugh."
--Friedrich Nietzsche

"The edge: there is no honest way to explain it, because the only people who really know where it is are the one who have gone over. The others, the living, are the ones who push their control as far as they felt they could handle it and then pulled back or slowed down. But the edge is still out there."
--Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

When you need someone else to survive, you'll never be able to.

Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.

Difficult. Very difficult. Plenty of courage, I see. Not a bad mind, either. There's talent, oh yes. And a thirst to prove yourself. But where to put you?

"That's the best thing a girl can be in this world, a beautiful little fool."
--'The Great Gatsby'

Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

I don't care what you think, as long as it's about me.

We roll down the windows and sing at the top of our lungs. Neither of us can carry a tune, so we let the tune carry us instead.

No comments: