Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The music would run down my legs.

I love staring at people sitting at a stop light, even though it may seem rude, you can learn a lot about people within that ten second range that you're with them. Their confidence, or lack of it, shines through at that very moment they realize you're looking at them, for they can either look away or they can stare right back at you & hold that gaze until the light changes green.

"I keep picturing all these little kids playing some game in this big field of rye and all. Thousands of little kids, and nobody's around--nobody big, I mean--except me. And I'm standing on the edge of some crazy cliff. What I have to do, I have to catch everybody if they start to go over the cliff--I mean if they're running and they don't look where they're going I have to come out from somewhere and catch them. That's all I'd do all day. I'd just be the catcher in the rye and all. I know it's crazy, but that's the only thing I'd really like to be."
--J.D. Saliner, 'The Catcher in the Rye'

"What goes on in people's minds? Everyone thinks writers must know more about what goes on in the human head, but that is wrong. They know less, that's why they write. Trying to find out what everyone else takes for granted."
--Margaret Atwood, 'Lives of the Poets'

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world."
--Anne Frank

Instead of singing in the shower I would write out the lyrics of my favorite songs, the ink would turn the water blue or red or green, and the music would run down my legs.

No comments: