Tuesday, October 07, 2008

So little to say

Among my most prized possessions are words I have never spoken.

God, it was so hard to turn off the noise in her mind. Even when she didn't want to, she over thought everything.

I have this theory that the more important and intimate the emotion, the fewer the words are required to express it. For instance, in dating, "Will you go out with me?" Six words. "I think I care for you." Five words. "You matter to me." Four words. "I love you." Three words. "Marry me." Two words. So what's left? What's the most important and intimate word you can ever say to somebody? It's "Goodbye."

So little to say, but so much time
Despite my empty mouth, the words are in my mind

I'd like to hear the words roll out of your mouth &finally say that it's always been me

No comments: