Tuesday, October 14, 2008

A woman is measured by the things she cannot control.

"I hate women who complain about being fat when they're like a size 5. Anything under size 5 isn't a woman. It's a boy with breasts."
--Laurell K. Hamilton, 'Obsidian Butterfly'

A woman is measured by the things she cannot control. By the way her body curves, or doesn't. By where she is flat, straight or round. She is measured by 36-24-36. Inches, age, and numbers. By all the outside things that never measure up to who she is on the inside. And so if a woman is to be measured, let her be measured by the things she can control. By who she is and who she is trying to become. Because as every woman knows, measurements are statistics...and statistics lie.

"Eating greens is a special treat, It makes long ears and great big feet. But it sure is awful stuff to eat."
--'Bambi'

"It makes me sad when I think about it, to hate my body that much."
--Marya Hornbacher, 'Wasted'

I spent the largest part of everyday thinking about what I wanted to eat that I shouldn't and what I should eat that I didn't.

No comments: