Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Je ne sais quoi

Find a place to stand and move the world.

"I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best."
--Oscar Wilde

"When you had to do something, you had to do it. And eventually, if you were lucky, you did it well."
--Sarah Dessen, 'The Truth About Forever'

"Time is a monster that cannot be reasoned with. It responds like a snail to our impatience, then it races like a gazelle when you can't catch your breath."
--'Simon Birch'

"I wonder whether you can tell me why it is that people always try so hard to hide their real feelings? How is it that I always behave quite differently from what I should in other people's company?"
--'Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl'

"I have been driven many times to my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go."
--Abraham Lincoln

"The only thing around you that you can possibly change is yourself, so you start there."
--Ellen Burstyn

"What women need to understand is that when a man considers a woman to be a prize, looks have very little to do with it."
--Sherry Argov, 'Why Men Love Bitches'

"He pursued you; therefore, he finds you attractive. An understated demeanor and a confident attitude will convince him you're gorgeous."
--Sherry Argov, 'Why Men Love Bitches'

Je ne sais quoi is a sexy devil-may-care attitude. Not only isn't the bitch needy of him, she often isn't focused on him.

"One of the most important things about a man is that he should be kind--kind of tall, kind of handsome, kind of rich."
--Mary Ellen Lowe

He told me, "If I had a nickle for everytime I saw a girl like you, I'd have five cents."

No comments: