Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Hope dancing in stiletto heels.

I was your silver lining, but now I'm gold.

"Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future."
--Oscar Wilde

And when you jump up the earth wants you back.

A beautiful girl can make you dizzy, like you've been drinking Jack and Coke all morning. She can make you feel high full of the single greatest commodity known to man - promise. Promise of a better day. Promise of a greater hope. Promise of a new tomorrow. This particular aura can be found in the gait of a beautiful girl. In her smile, in her soul, the way she makes every rotten little thing about life seem like it's going to be okay. The supermodels? That's all they are. Bottled promise. Scenes from a brand new day. Hope dancing in stiletto heels.

Why do you do what you do? Is it to impress those around you? Your family? Your friends? Your lover? Do you do it to make money? To live in a nice house? To buy things that can't be scratched? Or do you do it because you love it. Because it lets you finish each day with a smile on your face and a thought in your mind.

"The most remarkable thing about you standing in the doorway is that it’s you, and that you’re standing in the doorway."
--The Mountain Goats, 'Going to Georgia'

I just put on an act sometimes, and people think I'm insensitive. Really, it's like a kind of armour because I'm too sensitive. If there are two hundred people in a room and one of them doesn't like me, I've got to get out.

"But, like someone who walks alone in the dark, I decided to go slowly and to be so careful about everything that, even if I made very little progress, I would at least prevent myself from falling."
--Rene Descartes

The first few seconds everybody is looking around for someone else to step in and be the hero.

There are certain people in this universe that the stars literally move for. Most of these people don’t realize just how much conspiring goes on in the sky. But we do.

"Probably for every man there is at least one city that sooner or later turns into a girl. How well or how badly the man actually knew the girl doesn’t necessarily affect the transformation. She was there, and she was the whole city, and that’s that."
--J.D. Salinger, 'A Girl I Knew'

“Fate is like a strange unpopular restaurant filled with odd waiters who bring you things you never asked for and don’t always like.”
--Lemony Snicket

Every time I think about you, I have to remind myself that if you wanted to talk to me, you would.

No comments: