Thursday, November 06, 2008

It's good to see somebody so in love.

Finding someone you love and who loves you back is a wonderful, wonderful feeling. But finding a true soul mate is an ever better feeling. A soul mate is someone who understands you like no other, loves you like no other, will be there for you forever, no matter what. They say nothing lasts forever, but I am a firm believer in the fact that for some, love lives on even after we're gone. I know a thing or two about having someone like that.

The bartender said, "Can you believe it, man, some guys have all the luck." But in a cold old world so full of pain & heartache, it's good to see somebody so in love.

And there was laughing. Lots of laughing. Then the laughing stopped and there was this silence. This weird, comfortable silence. What the hell was it? It was like the world stopped turning in that instant, like everyone around us was wiped out. Like everything at home was forgotten about. It was like those few minutes on this world were created just for us and all we could do was look at each other. It was like he was seeing my face for the very first time. He looked confused, but kind of amused. Exactly how I felt. Because I was sitting with my best friend, and that was my best friend's face and nose and eyes and lips, but they seemed different. So, who was this man that was sending my heart into a frenzy? So I kissed him. I seized the moment and I kissed him.

No comments: