Wednesday, November 19, 2008

There is no place called happiness.

Or, you could just sit back and decide to enjoy life. To make do with what you have. To be happy. Right here. Right now.

There is no place called happiness. But there is a path you can travel.

You're happy. You know it. So clap your hands.

Blind George is a cat. And blind. He chases mice that aren't there and waits by a door he doesn't know is a door. When he closes his eyes, the world doesn't change. It stays the same. But George purrs. You could take a leaf out of George's book.

Walking home one day you turned and asked me what I wanted to be when I was old. I said a fireman or a policeman or something else that made sense at the time. I asked you the same question. You said “Happy.”

You are my sunshine. My only sunshine. You keep me happy when the sky falls and the moon breaks. When the truth hurts and life takes. Please don't take my sunshine away.

No comments: