Saturday, December 06, 2008

Give me love.

He'll let a woman who becomes his doormat pay for dinner on the first couple of dates, but he wouldn't think of it with his dream girl.

Give me love. Thrill me. Surprise me. Dazzle me. Delight me. Tease me. Please me. Give me days I’ll always remember and nights that I’ll never forget. Give me everything I want and nothing I need. Give me you.

"Don't say you love somebody and then change your mind. Love isn't like picking what movie you want to watch."
--Natalie, age 9

“It’s a wonder, in fact, I’m even still clinging to this planet, far off as I am on my love balloon.”
--Katie Crouch

I’d always been secretly scared of so many things, and the months of ‘yes’ had changed me. Maybe I’d been scared of falling in love, just as I’d been scared of roller coasters and sweater vests, of leaping before I looked. From the outside I knew that I looked devil-may-care, but on the inside I cared like crazy. Part of me was always preserving myself, making sure that I didn’t get hurt, making sure that I didn’t get lost. Not today. I let go of the last things I’d been clinging to. I was ready for love to come to me.

No comments: