Sunday, December 14, 2008

I must admit you kinda bore me.

He smiles when she’s not looking. She daydreams when he’s not there.

“Maybe that’s it… with what you were talking about before. The world being broken. Maybe it isn’t that we’re supposed to find the pieces and put them back together. Maybe we’re the pieces.”
--'Nick & Norah Infinite Playlist'

"I have a simple philosophy: Fill what’s empty. Empty what’s full. Scratch where it itches."
--Alice Roosevelt Longworth

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view, until you climb inside of his skin and walk around in it."
--'To Kill A Mockingbird'

You don’t necessarily have to be the best at what you do—there’s always someone better. Instead, be the only one who does what you do.

"When nobody will look at you, you can stare a hole in them. Picking out all the little details you'd never stare long enough to get if she'd ever just return your gaze, this, this is your revenge."
--Chuck Palahniuk, 'Invisible Monsters'

“When women go wrong, men go right after them.”
--Mae West

"You're going to have to find out where you want to go. And then you've got to start going there. But immediately. You can't afford to lose a minute."
--J.D. Salinger

"It's full of phonies, and all you do is study so that you can learn enough to be smart enough to be able to buy a goddamn Cadillac some day, and you have to keep making believe you give a damn if the football team loses, and all you do is talk about girls and liquor and sex all day, and everybody sticks together in these dirty little goddamn cliques."
--J.D. Salinger

"There is no distance on this earth as far away as yesterday."
--Robert Nathan

"It's jamais vu. The French opposite of deja vu where everybody is a stranger no matter how well you think you know them."
--Chuck Palahniuk, 'Choke'

"If you're anything like me, you can receieve ten compliments and one insult. You immediately forget the compliments, while the insult plays on your mind for hours, days, sometimes years."
--Jane Green

“I looked my demons in the eyes, laid bare my chest, said, ‘Do your best to destroy me. You see, I been to hell and back so many times, I must admit you kinda bore me.’”
--Ray Lamontagne

"I tend to live in the past because most of my life is there."
--Herb Caen

The future will be better tomorrow.

"Crazy isn't being broken, or swallowing a dark secret. It's you or me...amplified."
--'Girl, Interrupted'

No comments: