Saturday, December 27, 2008

Love always wins.

“Even more, I had never meant to love him. One thing I truly knew - knew it in the pit of my stomach, in the center of my bones, knew it from the crown of my head to the soles of my feet, knew it deep in my empty chest - was how love gave someone the power to break you. I’d been broken beyond repair.”
--Stephanie Meyer, 'New Moon'

I don’t have a fear of commitment- I have a fear of abandonment. We all screw things up, I screw things up, even, almost especially with the people I love. I get needy, I get moody, I get distant, I want to be too close, I get confused, I don’t understand... all of it. But I keep pushing because I hope in this thing, the universe, that tells me that there’s no way I’m the only person out there who wants something this bad - that if I want it, someone else out there must too. So we keep looking for each other. Whether or not we “fit in”, whether or not whatever. I’ll accept you and keep you just as much as you accept and want to keep me, because I want you.

"Life is a series of pulls back and forth. You want to do one thing, but you are bound to do something else. Something hurts you, yet you know it shouldn't. You take certain things for granted, even when you know you should never take anything for granted. A tension of opposites, like a pull on a rubber band. And most of us live somewhere in the middle."
"Sounds like a wrestling match," I say.
"A wrestling match?" He laughs. "Yes, you could describe life that way."
"So which side wins?" I ask.
"Which side wins?" He smiles at me, the crinkled eyes, the crooked teeth.
"Love wins. Love Always Wins."
--Mitch Albom, 'Tuesdays With Morrie'

No comments: