Saturday, January 17, 2009

I am disappearing but not fast enough.

Someone you haven't even met yet is wondering what it'd be like to know someone like you.

"It's not where you take things from--it's where you take them to."
--Jean-Luc Godard

“She worried way too much what people thought of her, wore her heart on her sleeve, expected too much from people, and got hurt too easily. She kept people’s secrets like a champ, but told her own too fast. She expected the world not to cheat her and was always surprised when it did.”
--Rob Sheffield

“We can catch buses and count our change and cross the roads and talk real sentences. But our innocence goes awfully deep, and our discreditable secret is that we don’t know anything at all, and our horrid inner secret is that we don’t care that we don’t.”
--Dylan Thomas

Tears come in funny places.

“You’re too choosy, and you know why that is? You’re afraid to choose.”
--'The Women'

"I think they're prettier and smarter and that no one really wants me around which is pretty stupid since they keep inviting me over there all the time. I guess I'm just a jerk."
--'Go Ask Alice'

"It was hard to believe that there were things happening in the world that were not about me."
--Elizabeth Wurtzel, 'More, Now, Again: A Memoir of Addiction'

"Every so often, I would sit in the locker room on the floor, leaning against the concrete wall while my tape recorder sat on the bench, and I would fantasize about going back to the person I had always been. The reverse transformation couldn't be that much of a leap. I could just try talking to people again. I could get the astonished look off my face, as if my eyes had just been exposed to a terrible glare. I could laugh a bit. I would imagine myself doing the things I once did."
--'Prozac Nation'

"Now a word to young women: Please don’t lose yourself. You don’t need anyone to be someone yourself! You can be girly and strong, have careers and go far, and when you get married not lose who you are. And you young men in the room? Know this from the start: You can be manly and macho and still have a warm heart."

“I already forget how I used to feel about you.”
--'Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind'

"You have to make your own little pieces of magic, like the room with the stars on the ceiling where you could be in bed and look up at infinity."
--Adriann Wilson

“I am a strange bird. But, I am not even a bird. And that’s the strangest part.”
--Katherine Hepburn

Maybe if we surround ourselves in beauty, someday we’ll become what we see.

You'll find blessings in the clouds and mercy in the rain.

“I am screaming but it comes out like pieces of clear ice. I am signaling that the volume of all this is too high. I am waving. I am waving my hands. I am disappearing. I am disappearing but not fast enough.”
--David Wojnarowicz

Did I make me up, or make the face till it stuck?

"All that is gold does not glitter,
not all those who wander are lost;
the old that is strong does not wither,
deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
a light from the shadows shall spring;
renewed shall be blade that was broken,
the crownless again shall be king."
--J.R.R. Tolkien

“I'm so happy you came back tonight. I have to grow up tomorrow.”
--'Peter Pan'

No comments: