Sunday, January 04, 2009

I hope you see things that startle you.

"For what it’s worth, it’s never too late, or in my case too early, to be whoever you want to be. There’s no time limit… start whenever you want… you can change or stay the same. There are no rules to this thing. We can make the best or the worst of it. I hope you make the best of it. I hope you see things that startle you. I hope you feel things that you never felt before. I hope you meet people with a different point of view. I hope you live a life that you’re proud of and if you find that you’re not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again."
--Benjamin Button

"You’ve got to own your days and name them, each one of them, every one of them, or else the years go right by and none of them belong to you."
--Herb Gardner

You and I have changed vastly throughout the many years we have known each other, but each change I make, each decision I stand by — you are there, you are the rock that stands still while I squirm for ground.

"You were shoveling snow and I was the snow. And everywhere I went, everywhere I landed, you scooped me up."
--'The Family Stone'

Travel dissolves you. It makes you need to rebuild yourself, forces you to remember where you’re from.

"Traveling is like flirting with life. It’s like saying, ‘I would stay and love you, but I have to go; this is my station.’"
--Lisa St. Aubin de Terán

"I promise to make you feel so alive that the fall of dust on furniture will deafen you."
--Nina Cassian

There's a moment. There's always a moment, I can do this or I can't. I don't know when your moment was but I bet you there was one.

“Everything comes down to not being listened to any more.”
--Albert Camus

No comments: