Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Picture, you're the queen of everything

All lyrics by The Fray

Happiness was just outside my window
I thought it'd crash blowing eighty miles an hour
But happiness is a little more like knocking
On your door, you just let it in

But you are gone, not for good but for now
And gone for now feels a lot like gone for good

Happiness, it's like the old man told me
Look for it and you'll never find it all
But let it go, live your life and leave it
Then one day, you'll wake up and
She'll be home

Picture you're the queen of everything
Far as the eye can see
Under your command
I will be your guardian
When all is crumbling
I'll steady your hand

You been the song playing on the background
All along but you're turning up now
And everyone is rising to meet you, to greet you
Turn around and you're walking toward me
I'm breaking down and you're breathing slowly
You say the word and I will be your man

Quiet, but I'm sure there is something here
Tell me everything 'cause I want to hear

It's a kiss that sits upon on her lips
That waits for planes and battleships
She wants to be a dancer
And he has got a picture
On his wall, and it's a sailor
In a new port every night
Yet man was born to trouble
Like sparks fly upwards innocent

All we know is distance
We're close and then we run
Kiss away the difference
I know you hate this one

No comments: