Wednesday, January 07, 2009

She hung on his every word.

Did you know that if you go into just about any bakery and tell them you are getting married, they'll give you a free slice of wedding cake to sample? "What a great idea for a first date," she said, taking his hand for the first time.

I think loneliness is the worst thing in the world. It's the only problem you can have where you can't turn to others for comfort.

There's nothing I want more in this world than to go home. It's just that I haven't decided exactly where that's gonna be just yet.

He loved her because she hung on his every word. He never realized that she couldn't help it, she had never mastered disinterest.

Sometimes I get down on myself because I've got all these problems. But then I look up at the sky and realize that the world is so big, and I'm so small, and I'm so insignificant that my problems don't really amount to all that much.

I prayed that God would give me enough time and enough sense and strength to be able to tell people what I knew (as I can't even do properly now), so they'd know what I know and not despair so much.
--Jack Kerouac

Once I realized that I'd never experience falling in love, I got it in my head that maybe falling off a bridge would feel about the same. It really doesn't though.

So the other day I was watching TV and I said out loud, "Darn, I wish I didn't just eat all those chips," and then I was like, "Wait, I didn't just eat any chips." And now I'm like, "Maybe I had one free wish and I blew it on chips."

I've come to the conclusion that I'm not actually living. I'm just killing time.

He named his daughter "Hurricane." He felt that if you could name a storm after a woman, why couldn't you name a woman after a storm?

When you told me that you thought I was extraordinary my heart skipped a beat. But the more I think about it, the more I realize you meant that I was just extra-ordinary.

No comments: