Friday, March 20, 2009

You can't love anybody else until you love yourself.

"This is my wish for you: Comfort on difficult days, smiles when sadness intrudes, rainbows to follow the clouds, laughter to kiss your lips, sunsets to warm your heart, hugs when spirits sag, beauty for your eyes to see, friendships to brighten your being, faith so that you can believe, confidence for when you doubt, courage to know yourself, patience to accept the truth, love to complete your life."
--unknown

Fall in love with the world & it will swoop you up in its arms & smother you with kisses. You will get all your joy & excitement back a million times over…even when you feel hard & cold & angry, you have more love to give away than you could ever believe possible. It is infinite like galaxies. Just give it away. Imagine cartoon hearts in hot pink & vivid red floating out of your chest & popping over the heads of everyone, showering them with hope & blessings & encouragement, and your life will begin to change. It will become this sparkling carousel of magic & wonder.

I don't know myself enough to know anybody else in the way they want me to. I don't think about myself enough to think about others in the way they want me to. You can't love anybody else until you love yourself.

No comments: