Friday, March 20, 2009

You must do the thing you cannot do.

"I don't know yet what I am capable of doing, but, by God, I have genius -- I know it too well to blush behind it."
--Thomas Wolfe

"What we really want to do is what we are really meant to do. When we do what we are meant to do, money comes to us, doors open for us, we feel useful, and the work we do feels like play to us."
--Julie Cameron

"You’ll worry less about what people think about you when you realize how seldom they do."
--David Foster Wallace

When you throw dirt, you lose ground.

"What I've learned is not to change who you are, because eventually you're going to run out of new things to become."
--Taylor Swift

You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." You must do the thing you cannot do.
--Eleanor Roosevelt

There are too many streets, too many names, too many fights, too many instances of bodies pressing, too many mornings with snow piling up against the window. Sometimes I don’t know which is worse - worrying that you will forget me, or the fact that you don’t.

"People never grow up, they just learn how to act in public.”
--Bryan White

No comments: