Friday, April 24, 2009

There are moments in your life that make you.

There are moments in your life that make you, that set the course of who you're gonna be. Sometimes they're little, subtle moments. Sometimes they're not. I'll show you what I mean.

"There are two great days in a person’s life - the day we are born & the day we discover why."
--William Barclay

Willy Wonka: But, Charlie, don’t forget what happened to the man who suddenly got everything he always wanted…
Charlie Bucket: What happened?
Willy Wonka: He lived happily ever after.

“Yeah, I actually quite like looking through things. I feel quite connected to the past, and my memory. Everything that I’ve ever done I can still relate to, and feel connected to it in a way. There’s no part of my life that I look at and go, ‘I don’t recognize that person at all.’ Everything I’ve done, essentially, has led me to where I am, and that’s essentially the philosophy of my life. It’s all one thing.”
--Ian MacKaye

No comments: