Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Alone is something you'll be quite a lot!

"Don't fix your life so that you're left alone right when you come to the middle of it."
--'The Object of My Affection'

"Do you ever feel that way?"
"Lonely?"
I search for the words. "Restless. As if you haven't really met yourself yet. As is you'd passed yourself once in the fog, and your heart leapt -- 'Ah! There I Am! I've been missing that piece!' But it happens too fast, and then that part of you disappears into the fog again. And you spend the rest of your days looking for it."

It takes one to know one, and I have always known that in the end, I would fly alone.

"All alone! Whether you like it or not, alone is something you'll be quite a lot!"
--Dr. Seuss, 'Oh, The Places You'll Go!"

"I am lonely, yet not everybody will do. I don't know why, some people fill the gaps and others emphasize my loneliness. In reality those who satisfy me are those who simply allow me to live with my 'idea of them.'"
--Anaïs Nin

No comments: