Sunday, June 07, 2009

All your tomorrows start here.

All quotes by author Neil Gaiman

"Sometimes you wake up. Sometimes the fall kills you. And sometimes, when you fall, you fly."

"You get what anybody gets - you get a lifetime."

"Each person who ever was or is or will be has a song. It isn't a song that anybody else wrote. It has its own melody, it has its own words. Very few people get to sing their song. Most of us fear that we cannot do it justice with our voices, or that our words are too foolish or too honest, or too odd. So people live their song instead."

"There are so many fragile things, after all. People break so easily, and so do dreams and hearts."

"Stories are made up by people who make them up. If they work, they get retold. There's the magic of it."

"I hope you will have a wonderful year, that you'll dream dangerously and outrageously, that you'll make something that didn't exist before you made it, that you will be loved and that you will be liked, and that you will have people to love and to like in return. And, most importantly (because I think there should be more kindness and more wisdom in the world right now), that you will, when you need to be, be wise, and that you will always be kind."

"The view changes from where you are standing. Words can wound, and wounds can heal. All of these things are true."

"I think I fell in love with her, a little bit. Isn't that dumb? But it was like I knew her. Like she was my oldest, dearest friend. The kind of person you can tell anything to, no matter how bad, and they'll still love you, because they know you. I wanted to go with her. I wanted her to notice me. And then she stopped walking. Under the moon, she stopped. And looked at us. She looked at me. Maybe she was trying to tell me something; I don't know. She probably didn't even know I was there. But I'll always love her. All my life."

"The important thing about songs is that they're just like stories. They don't mean a damn unless there's people listenin' to them."

"If you want to imagine the future, imagine a boy and his dog and his friends. And a summer that never ends."

"You think you know all there is to know about her immediately upon meeting her, but everything you think you know is wrong. Passion flows through her like a river of blood. She only looked away for a moment, and the mask slipped, and you fell. All your tomorrows start here."

"You've a good heart. Sometimes that's enough to see you safe wherever you go. But mostly, it's not."

No comments: