Sunday, June 21, 2009

I'm excited about my future life.

"Walks are never as good during the day. At night, when everyone's apartments are lit up and you can see inside, that's where the action is. Everything about this fascinates me. Windows, lampposts, building facades. Looking into other people's lives. The way it all comes together, this entity greater than the sum of its parts. I feel inspired. I'm excited about my future life. "
--Susane Colasanti, 'Take Me There'

The difference between rising at five and seven o’clock in the morning, for the space of forty years, supposing a man to go to bed at the same hour at night, is nearly equivalent to ten additional years to a man’s life.

"Oh we all have reasons, son. The bottom line is there's only one way to live and that's all the way. If you die, you die. 'Cause I promise you, when you're my age you'll ask yourself, what the hell did I play it safe for?"
--'The Unusuals'

In a world where celebrity equals talent, and where make-believe is called reality, it is most important to have real love, truth and stability in your life.

The irony of commitment is that it's deeply liberating -- in work, in play, in love. The act frees you from the tyranny of your internal critic, from the fear that likes to dress itself up and parade around as rational hesitation. To commit is to remove your head as the barrier to your life.

“The true meaning of life is to plant trees, under whose shade you do not expect to sit.”
--Nelson Henderson

No comments: