Sunday, July 19, 2009

I'll live a life of dreams.

And I won't die today. Yeah, I'll be living, loving, writing down. And I'll live a life of dreams and be grateful I'm around.

Don't ever save anything for a special occasion. Being alive is the special occasion.

There are four or five people in everybody's life who must be informed immediately of what is happening to us. We can't bare them to go on believing what is no longer true. Not for a minute, for them to believe that we are married when we have just been widowed or that we still have parents when we have suddenly become orphans. That we have company when that company has just left, or are in good health when we have suddenly fallen ill. That they should think us alive when we are dead.

"It's a wonder I'm even alive. Sometimes I think that. I think that I can't believe I haven't killed myself. But there's something in me that just keeps going on. I think it has something to do with tomorrow, that there is always one, and that everything can change when it comes."
--Augusten Burroughs

Breathe in, breathe out, go faster and faster and faster and faster. I don’t feel anything anymore or what I do feel is so powerful that my mind and my body are incapable of allowing it to register. I am comfortable here. This is what I want, what I need, and what I must have, and this is where I have been living for the last few years of my life.

No comments: