Sunday, August 23, 2009

I love what you are.

Since things don't always go right, it's nice to have someone like you on my left.

It's simple. I prefer my eggs over easy, my coffee with cream, and my love with reckless abandon.

With hearts... the best thing you can do is invite someone in, make them some tea, and secretly hope they don't break anything.

"You can’t expect to find the right someone until you know who you are, what matters to you, and what makes your heart happy."
--Nicholas Jonas

"You can fall in love at first sight with a place as with a person."
--Alec Waugh

"Loving you is worth everything to me."
--'The Curious Case of Benjamin Button'

You listen to me. I've been alive a bit longer than you. And dead a lot longer than that. I've seen things you couldn't imagine. And done things I prefer you didn't. Don't exactly have a reputation for being a thinker. I follow my blood, which doesn't exactly rush in the direction of my brain. So I make a lot of mistakes. A lot of wrong bloody calls. A hundred-plus years. And there's only one thing I've ever been sure of. You. Hey, look at me. I'm not asking you for anything. When I say I love you, it's not because I want you. Or because I can't have you. It has nothin' to do with me. I love what you are. What you do. How you try. I've seen your kindness, and your strength. I've seen the best and the worst of you. And I understand, with perfect clarity, exactly what you are. You're a hell of a woman. You're the one.

No comments: