Sunday, September 27, 2009

A loving woman is indestructible.

Stella turned toward me and crumpled my heart in her hand. 'Do you fall in love often?' Yes often. With a view, with a book, with a dog, a cat, with numbers, with friends, with complete strangers, with nothing at all.

"I believe a strong woman may be stronger than a man, particularly if she happens to have love in her heart. I guess a loving woman is indestructible."
--John Steinbeck, 'East of Eden'

"Kisses open doors, I've noticed. That one gesture can unlock secrets, ease open feelings. It can't be prevented--these kisses just are. It's how they work. They break into basements you never knew you had."
--Susan Fletcher

"You must learn day by day, year by year, to broaden your horizon. The more things you love, the more you are interested in, the more you enjoy, the more you are indignant about, the more you have left when anything happens."
--Ethel Barrymore

No comments: