Friday, September 04, 2009

There is always something left to love.

"Real love, I've learned, is a very, very strong form of forgiveness. I don't think people yearn for love because they hate staying home alone on Saturday night or because they dread going into restaurants alone. People want love because they want their taped-together glasses or the extra pounds to be forgiven. They want someone to look past the surface stuff like bad-hair days, a too-loud laugh or potato chips crunching in their living room couch when anyone sits down."
--Lois Smith Brady

"It seems so much of my time and my energy have been focused on making or trying to make other people love me. The unspoken belief was that if I could make myself lovable to others I would feel loved. The truth is, I can only feel loved by others when I love myself."
--Kimberly Kirberger

There is always something left to love. And if you ain't learned that, you ain't learned nothing.

Love is a homeless guy searching for treasure in the middle of the rain and finding a bag of gold coins and slowly finding out that they're all filled with chocolate. And even though he's heartbroken he can't complain because he was hungry in the first place.

“Love is like a Rubix Cube, there are countless numbers of wrong twists and turns, but when you get it right, it looks perfect no matter what way you look at it.”
--Brian Cramer

"What we learned as children - that one plus one equals two - we know to be false. One plus one equals one. We even have a word for when you plus another equals one. That word is love.”
--'Life'

No comments: