Friday, November 13, 2009

I think we still love what we always loved.

To say I love you more than life is misleading. I love you in a way that makes life more.
--Tiny Ghosts

"Love is like an hourglass, with the heart filling up as the brain empties."
--Jules Renard

"I want to tell Tobey about when I was standing in this exact same place last summer, wishing for him to be real. But it's hard to remember life before Tobey. He makes eveything seem possible. Like whatever you feel is true, really true in your heart, you can make happen. And you just know, when it happens, its for real. And there are a million possibilities. Like the possibility of going separate ways. Together."
--Susane Colasanti, 'When It Happens'

"Find out what you love.
Do it because you love it.
Stick with it.
Start now."
— Barbara Sher

"And we danced too wild, and we sang too long, and we hugged too hard, and we kissed too sweet, and threw our heads and howled just as loud as we wanted to howl, because by now we were all old enough to know that what looks like crazy on an ordinary day, looks a lot like love if you catch it in the moonlight."
--Pearl Cleage

I can’t stand the way people say, “When I was a child, I loved elephants,” “When I was a child, I loved balloons.” Are they trying to say that if they stopped and looked at a balloon today or at an elephant today, they would not love them? Why wouldn’t they love them? I think we still love what we always loved.. How could we not?
--Wallace Shawn

No comments: