Saturday, December 05, 2009

Love yourself first and everything else falls into line.

"Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. Your really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world."
--Lucille Ball

I am very fortunate to have a loving fiance who leaves me notes in unexpected places. I would absolutely, without a doubt, send my first note to him to let him know just how lucky I am to be marrying someone as wonderful and thoughtful as he is. I would have it tucked in a safe place for him to find on our wedding day, so that hopefully it would brighten such a special day the same way he has brightened all my ordinary ones.

Remember that everyone you meet is afraid of something, loves something, and has lost something.

"Love anything, and your heart will certainly be wrung and possibly broken. If you want to make sure of keeping it intact, you must give your heart to no one, not even to an animal. Wrap it carefully round with hobbies and little luxuries; avoid all entanglements; lock it up safe in the casket or coffin of your selfishness. But in that casket - safe, dark, motionless, airless - it will change. It will not be broken; it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable."
--C.S. Lewis

"My music was different when I was in high school. I was singing about love. You know, things I don't care about anymore."
--Lady Gaga

"The hardest of all is learning to be a well of affection, and not a fountain, to show them that we love them, not when we feel like it, but when they do.”
--Nan Fairbrother

Every girl should have one old love she can imagine going back to, and one who reminds her how far she has come. Every girl should have a past juicy enough that she's looking forward to retelling it to her grandkids. Every girl should know when to try harder, and when to walk away.

No comments: