Thursday, February 04, 2010

Let love write on you for a little.

“It was my first big chance, but here I was, sitting back and letting it run through my fingers like so much water.”
--Sylvia Plath

The saddest thing I ever did see was a woodpecker pecking on a plastic tree. He looks at me and, "Friend," says he, "Life ain't as sweet as it used to be."

You'll find that sometimes life is so much happier when you're just glad to be alive.

And I think that we should run as fast as we can into what we don't know.

"'Love is never having to say you’re sorry.’ What a crock. Love is constantly saying you’re sorry, even when you know damn well you’re right.
--Kim Gruenenfelder, 'A Total Waste of Makeup'

"At a certain part in your life. Probably when too much of it has gone by. You will open your eyes and see yourself for who you are. Especially for everything that made you so different from all the awful normals. And you will say to yourself, 'But I am this person.' And in that statement, that correction, there will be a kind of love."
--'Phoebe in Wonderland'

"Happiness is anyone and anything that's loved by you."
--Charlie Brown

“I speak two languages, Body and English.”
--Mae West

You have to be really ambitious but you have to balance that with patience. You have to have both.

All your life you are told things you can’t do. All your life they will say you’re not good enough, or strong enough, or talented enough. They will say you’re the wrong height, or the wrong weight, or the wrong type to play this or achieve that. They will tell you no, a thousand times no. Until all the no’s become meaningless. All your life they will tell you no, quite firmly and very quickly. And you will tell them yes.

"If you get far enough away, you’ll be on your way home."
--Tom Waits

I want you to take up all my time. I want you to fill up the gaps in my life with good conversation. I want your charm to consume me. You are the sort of person I could fall in love with these days.

"I always carry lots of stuff with me wherever I roam, always weighted down with books, with cassettes, with pens and paper, just in case I get the urge to sit down somewhere, and oh, I don’t know, read something or write my masterpiece. I want all my important possessions, my worldly goods, with me at all times. I want to hold what little sense of home I have left with me always. I feel so heavy all the time, so burdened. This must be a little bit like what it’s like to be a bag lady, to drag your feet here, there, and everywhere, nowhere at all."
--Elizabeth Wurtzel

"He was always in his room writing those things, never with people. I used to tell him, what good is all of that love doing on paper? I said, let love write on you for a little."
--Jonathan Safran Foer, 'Everything Is Illuminated'

Anything I can mistake in the dark for being what I'm looking for is good enough for me.

"I do maintain that if your hair is wrong, your entire life is wrong."
--Morrissey

"I'll tell you a trick that's sometimes a big help: when you start looking around for something good to take the place of the bad, as a general rule, you can find it."
--'Old Yeller'

"Rule number one: Always stick around for one more drink. That’s when things happen. That’s when you find out everything you want to know."
--John Berendt, 'Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil'

I need to know that hearts haven't become extinct. I want to project myself back to another time that still feels so close. My body went on without me and I'm still back there, all warm and brokenhearted. I'm lost under the covers. But I have a feeling it's morning and it's time to get up.

I don't tell somebody I love them unless I mean it because I know what it feels like to be told those words but having no true meaning. I give thanks for I know unappreciative people. I take chances because I know what regret feels like. I forgive because I know what it feels like to not be forgiven. I find something perfect in everyone because I know how much it hurts to be told your full of flaws. Promises don't exist because I had someone who didn't keep theirs. I don't judge because I have been judged . I don't make the whole world happy because that's the only thing that doesn't make me happy. I trust very few because some time or another somebody has turned their back on me. I learned how to be happy by myself because I realized I wasn't happy with someone. I've learned to smile in the worst times because I know what it's like to cry in the best times. I guard my heart because I know how it feels to be played around with. I look before I fall because I fell and had forgot to look. I choose to be myself because I have met the fakes.

No comments: