Monday, March 08, 2010

it is enough to be taken care of by myself.

All quotes from StoryPeople

“Destiny? there’s only your time & then there’s not your time, she said. All the rest is made up to keep you busy”

“she’s a self-playing accordian & even when she’s asleep, her quiet breathing goes a-one & a-two”

“this is a dress-up box for the future & it’s filled with stuff like courage & love & play because they’re the only things that are any use at all when you get Right down to it.”

“knows most everything worth knowing but has stayed close to home just in case that changes”

“There are days I drop words of comfort on myself like falling rain & remember it is enough to be taken care of by myself.”

“getting ready to jump as high as she can just because there’s only so long you can sit politely & listen while people talk about any old stuff that comes into their heads”

"hoping there'll be time for a future he likes, but pretty well settled on the future he's got already."

"If I ran the world, he told me, I'd pretty much leave it alone & spend my time reading & I'd advise other people to do the same. Which is why I'll probably never run the world, he said"

"This is a special bike that's not very good at listening to excuses, so it takes you exactly where you really want to go & if you kick & scream it makes you pedal harder & go up steeper hills until you're too out of breath to complain & after awhile, if you're lucky, you start to see that it doesn't really matter if you laugh or cry, because it just wants to ride like the wind"

No comments: