Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Loneliness adds beauty to life.

“Loneliness adds beauty to life. It puts a special burn on sunsets and makes night air smell better.”
--Henry Rollins

I am alive and that is the best that I can do.

Thinking of me as others may see me scares the crap out of me.

THE PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS
I think it used to mean
making enough
everyday
to provide for the people you love
and loving enough
so that those people
would also provide for you.
It seems like now it means
making more than you could ever need or use
and keeping as much of it as possible
because you don’t have time
everyday
to love anyone enough
for them to want to share.
--Dallas Clayton

THE RULES
Trying to explain to a child
why cavemen didn’t wear clothes in the summer
but we have to
is like admitting
that nothing we ever do
really makes any sense at all.
--Dallas Clayton

“If the only prayer you said in your whole life was, ‘thank you,’ that would suffice.”
--Meister Eckhart

“If you can’t explain it simply, you don’t understand it well enough.”
--Albert Einstein

No comments: