Saturday, May 15, 2010

Absence Makes the Heart

"Cherish your solitude. Take trains by yourself to places you have never been to. Sleep alone under the stars. Learn how to drive a stick shift. Go so far away that you stop being afraid of not coming back. Say no whenever you don't want to do something. Say yes to your instincts even if everyone around you disagrees. Decide whether you want to be liked or admired. Decide if fitting in is more important than finding out what you're doing here. Believe in kissing."
--Eve Ensler

Someday my prince will come to his senses.

“Expecting the worst was the best I could do.”
--Adam Clay

“Someday I will look back on this time and think that was the spring when I started looking people in the eye.”
--Kristina S. B.

I sometimes think that people’s hearts are like deep wells. Nobody knows what’s at the bottom. All you can do is imagine by what comes floating to the surface every once in a while.

Fragments of ideas float around my brain as I tirelessly try to fit them together. With so many words in my head, I am always afraid of writing them down improperly. Or forgetting them in the first place. I cannot seem to write fast enough because somehow a thought always gets lost.

"It would have been nice to send a picture of how you feel beside a picture of how I wish you could feel."
--Bob Hicok, 'The Personal Touch'

It would be peaceful to be a sail
except during the storm.
During the storm, I would like to be
the storm. If you’re the storm,
there’s nothing frightening
about the storm except when it stops,
then you’re dead and the maps
are drowned. Within my heart
is another heart, within that heart,
a man at war writes home.
--Bob Hicok, 'Absence Makes the Heart. That's it: Absence Makes the Heart'

No comments: