Thursday, April 14, 2011

I got a sweet little angel

"You spend too much time reading, Spenser. You know more stuff that don't make you money than anybody I know."
--Robert B. Parker, 'Mortal Stakes'

“It takes a lot of forms … The world is being constantly circled as though by gulfstream forces, ideas, and creativity that want to be made manifest, and they’re looking for portals to come through in people, and if you don’t do it, they’ll go find someone else. So you have to convince it that you’re serious and you have to show it respect and you have to talk to it and let it know that you’re there.”
--Liz Gilbert, on creativity/genius/muses

“Happiness is not a big house… It’s being in each other’s way. That’s what brings memories.”
--Karina Gentinetta

“I know that I’m good inside. And if people don’t, I shouldn’t mind.”
--Laura Marling, Mama, How Far I’ve Come

"Leave early enough to be missed but stay long enough to be remembered."
--Lisa Taddeo

The days that make us happy make us wise.

“Enough of laziness and doing nothing! Open this notebook every day and write down half a page at the very least. If you have nothing to write down, then at least, following Gogol’s advice, write down that today there’s nothing to write. Always write with attention and look on writing as a holiday.”
--Daniil Kharms, Today I Wrote Nothing: Selected Writings

"Even if our efforts of attention seem for years to be producing no result, one day a light that is in exact proportion to them will flood the soul."
--Simone Weil

"To be rooted is perhaps the most important and least recognized need of the human soul."
--Simone Weil

"Be content with what you have, rejoice in the way things are. When you realize there is nothing lacking, the whole world belongs to you."
--Tzu

I got a sweet little angel,
I love the way she spreads her wings.
--B.B. King, Sweet Little Angel

“I love you, even if there isn’t any me, or any love, or even any life. I love you.”
--Zelda Fitzgerald

No comments: