Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Laziness will not do.

“Habit is habit, and not to be flung out of the window by any man, but coaxed downstairs a step at a time.”
--Mark Twain

“I think there are people who want to be looked at. As a writer or observer, I’m more interested in looking.”
--Sofia Coppola

"Life is a whim of several billion cells to be you for a while."
--Groucho Marx

“Praise and blame, gain and loss, pleasure and sorrow come and go like the wind. To be happy, rest like a giant tree, in the midst of them all.”
--Buddha

“When so many are lonely, as seem to be lonely, it would be inexcusably selfish to be lonely alone.”
--Tennessee Williams

"I want to get more familiar with you. I love you. I loved you when you came and sat on the bed--all that second afternoon was like warm mist--and I hear again the way you say my name--with that queer accent of yours. You arouse in me such a mixture of feelings, I don't know how to approach you. Only come to me--get closer and closer to me. It will be beautiful, I promise you."
--Henry Miller

"Where it all ends I can't fathom, my friends.
If I knew, I might toss out my anchor."
--Jimmy Buffett

“To love what you do and feel that it matters—how could anything be more fun?”
--Katharine Graham

“It ain’t dying I’m talking about, it’s living. I doubt it matters where you die, but it matters where you live.”
--Larry McMurtry, 'Lonesome Dove'

“So avoid using the word ‘very’ because it’s lazy. A man is not very tired, he is exhausted. Don’t use very sad, use morose. Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women - and, in that endeavor, laziness will not do.”
--'Dead Poets Society'

“Start copying what you love. Copying, copying, copying. And at the end of the copy, you will find yourself.”
--Yohji Yamamoto

"…I love your feet only because they walked upon the earth and upon the wind and upon the waters, until they found me…"
--Pablo Neruda

“Be hole, be dust, be dream, be wind
Be night, be dark, be wish, be mind,
Now slip, now slide, now move unseen,
Above, beneath, betwixt, between.”
--Neil Gaiman

“I get my ideas out of my dreams…if you’re lucky enough to use something you see in a dream, it is purely original. It’s not in the world — it’s in your head. I think that is amazing.”
--Alexander McQueen

No comments: