Saturday, April 02, 2011

There are hundreds of ways to kneel and kiss the ground.

All quotes by Rumi

"My wish for you is that you fall into love like a burning coal that falls into water and keeps burning."

"Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it."

"When I am with you, we stay up all night.
When you're not here, I can't go to sleep.
Praise God for those two insomnias!
And the difference between them."

"Dance, when you're broken open. Dance, if you've torn the bandage off. Dance in the middle of the fighting. Dance in your blood. Dance when you're perfectly free."

"Don’t grieve. Anything you lose comes round in another form."

"Let the beauty we love be what we do. There are hundreds of ways to kneel and kiss the ground."

"In your light I learn how to love. In your beauty, how to make poems. You dance inside my chest where no-one sees you, but sometimes I do, and that sight becomes this art."

"My soul is from elsewhere, I'm sure of that, and I intend to end up there."

"This is love: to fly toward a secret sky, to cause a hundred veils to fall each moment. First to let go of life. Finally, to take a step without feet."

"A thousand half-loves must be forsaken to take one whole heart home."

"Let yourself be drawn by the stronger pull of what you truly love."

"Give up to grace. The ocean takes care of each wave 'til it gets to shore. You need more help than you know."

No comments: