Wednesday, November 30, 2011

I never tried to be anything other than a dreamer.

"The greatest discovery of all time is that a person can change her future by merely changing her attitude."
--Oprah Winfrey

“O! It’s nice to get up in the morning. But it’s nicer to stay in bed.”
--Harry Lauder

“I have had a holiday, and I'd like to take it up professionally."
--Kylie Minogue

"Between the wish and the thing the world lies waiting."
--Cormac McCarthy

“Fashion isn’t just frocks. It’s how we do our houses, our gardens - it’s what we eat and drink.”
--Grace Coddington

“If you are all wrapped up in yourself, you are overdressed.”
--Kate Halverson

“I believe part of the process of figuring yourself out is a way of connecting the dots between the fabulous and influential people around us all, like some sort of hidden constellation—you only have to know where to look.”
--Ashley Olsen

“Long hair minimizes the need for barbers; socks can be done without; one leather jacket solves the coat problem for many years; suspenders are superfluous.”
--Albert Einstein

“All I’ve ever done is dream. That, and only that, has been the meaning of my existence. The only thing I’ve ever really cared about is my inner life. My greatest griefs faded to nothing the moment I opened the window onto my inner self and lost myself in watching. I never tried to be anything other than a dreamer. I never paid any attention to people who told me to go out and live. I belonged always to whatever was far from me and to whatever I could never be. Anything that was not mine, however base, always seemed to be full of poetry. The only thing I ever loved was pure nothingness…”
--Fernando Pessoa

“I got my feet on the ground and I don’t go to sleep to dream.”
--Fiona Apple

“You will recognize your own path when you come upon it because you will suddenly have all the energy and imagination you will ever need.”
--Sara Teasdale

“I may not have been sure about what really did interest me, but I was absolutely sure about what didn’t.”
--Albert Camus

“I am still so naive; I know pretty much what I like and dislike; but please, don’t ask me who I am. A passionate, fragmentary girl, maybe?”
--Sylvia Plath

“How wrong it is for a woman to expect the man to build the world she wants, rather than to create it herself.”
--Anais Nin

“That’s who you really like. The people you can think out loud in front of.”
--John Green

"Maybe our favorite quotations say more about us than about the stories and people we're quoting."
--John Green

“I love quotations because it is a joy to find thoughts one might have, beautifully expressed with much authority by someone recognized wiser than oneself.”
--Marlene Dietrich

“I wouldn't mind living my life capturing the moments of others.”
--Unknown

“If he wrote it he could get rid of it. He had gotten rid of many things by writing about them.”
--Ernest Hemingway, 'Fathers and Sons'

“It pains me to realize I’ll never get to actually live in these well written worlds, but at least I can stay for a little while.”
--Unknown

“I guess that’s the beauty of books. When they finish they don’t really finish.”
--Markus Zusak

“Stories you read when you’re the right age never quite leave you. You may forget who wrote them or what the story was called. Sometimes you’ll forget precisely what happened, but if a story touches you it will stay with you, haunting the places in your mind that you rarely ever visit.”
--Neil Gaiman

“Anyone who knows me, should learn to know me again;
For I am like the Moon,
you will see me with new face everyday.”
--Rumi

“I want to sing like the birds sing, not worrying about who hears or what they think.”
--Rumi

“Appreciate how rare and full of potential your situation is in this world, then take joy in it, and use it to your best advantage.”
--Dalai Lama

“As long as one keeps searching, the answers come.”
--Joan Baez

“Very little is needed to make a happy life. It is all within yourself, in your way of thinking.”
--Marcus Aurelius

“It is not about how others are or how society is. The most important thing is to ask yourself, “What should I do?” and “What can I do?” One who stands up with moral courage and conviction can change society and create waves of transformation around the world.”
--Daisaku Ikeda

“So I dressed with remaining ceramics, furniture and objects; so I placed a message in each, a small story, at times ironic and obviously wordless, but audible to those who believe in poetry.”
--Piero Fornasetti

4 comments:

Amit said...

hey jaclyn.. must say that ur posts are just too gud. I always look forward to read ur posts. I somehow,stumbled through ur blog once, long back. And since then have always been coming here. Just thought of writing to u today :)
It just brightens up my mood when I'm down. If I ever want to read good quotes, I just come here instead of hitting 'quotes' in Google.
Keep up the good work :)

Anonymous said...

Agree, plus ur new design rocks

Anonymous said...

Oh its not a new design. Its just the mobile versiob lulz. Anyways keep up the good work!

Jaclyn Paige said...

Thanks to the both of you. I'm happy to know you keep coming back :)