Friday, December 30, 2011

I can look at anything and think of you.

All quotes from I Wrote This For You

Understand that, the prisons you've built are of your own design.
Understand that, you should be the person you wanted to be when you woke up this morning.
Understand that, the world desperately wants to love you, if you'll let it.
Understand that, you deserve that love, even if you don't feel like it.
Understand that, love can hit a planet like a comet.
Understand that, the rain can unrain, if you want it to.

On other planets, they look up and wish upon you.
Because on other planets, you live on a star.

They'll tell you that you're the ground. Remember that you hold up the sky.

Don't settle for someone who doesn't give you things to say. Forever is a long time to make small talk.

When you can, let me know how long you're willing to miss me for.

I just wish you still made me nervous.

This one is about how music gets ruined by the people you're no longer with.

I keep thinking you already know. I keep thinking I've sent you letters that were only ever written in my mind.

Should any child be reading this in a history book, you should know that we loved. I hope that hasn't changed.

Today happened because you're here. The days seem to leave when you do.

If you think I can tell you what's going on inside my heart, you know even less about it than you think.

You die when you stop feeling. I will live forever.

And maybe something's missing in your mind. Maybe you don't work the same way everyone else does. Maybe you're just different. That would be good news.

When I am more than you can take, just give me back.

The world you love spins so fast, all I can do is throw words at it. And hope they become pictures.

You reach a certain age where you learn how to walk through a crowded party without stepping on anyone's feet. You reach a certain age where you learn how to wear the skin you've been given. You reach a certain age where you can look at your relationships to other people completely objectively. Apparently.

Nothing is faster than the speed of thought. I can look at anything and think of you.

I do not know how it ends. Just that I miss you, right before it does.

No comments: