Monday, January 09, 2012

Delicious Ambiquity.

"What's for you won't pass you by."
--Lillian Breed

“You are worried about seeing him spend his early years in doing nothing. What! Is it nothing to be happy? Nothing to skip, play, and run around all day long? Never in his life will he be so busy again.”
--Jean-Jacques Rousseau, 'Emile', 1762

“A new dress doesn’t get you anywhere; it’s the life you’re living in the dress and the sort of life you had lived before, and what you will do in it later.”
--Diana Vreeland

"My research this season is about finding what romantic means today."
--Miuccia Prada, September 1996

“I came to the conclusion that ‘God’ is just the word ‘good’ with the ‘o’ taken out, and ‘Devil’ is the world ‘evil’ with a ‘D’ added. Really, all that people have done throughout history is to personify the two forces of Good and Evil.”
--Paul McCartney

“Atticus told me to delete the adjectives and I’d have the facts.”
--'To Kill a Mockingbird'

“I didn’t know why I was going to cry, but I knew that if anybody spoke to me or looked at me too closely the tears would fly out of my eyes and the sobs would fly out of my throat and I’d cry for a week. I could feel the tears brimming and sloshing in me like water in a glass that is unsteady and too full.”
--Sylvia Plath

“In one moment your entire life can change course. The moment you decide where you’re going because you refuse to go back to where you’ve been.”
--Unknown

“Your soul doesn’t care what you do for a living - and when your life is over, neither will you. Your soul cares only about what you are being while you are doing whatever you are doing.”
--Neale Donald Walsch

“Rest satisfied with doing well, and leave others to talk of you as they please.”
--Pythagoras

“Run like hell my dear
From anyone likely
To put a sharp knife
Into the sacred, tender vision
Of your beautiful heart.”
--Hafiz

“If you reveal everything, bare every feeling, ask for understanding, you lose something crucial to your sense of yourself. You need to know things that others don’t know. It’s what no one knows about you that allows you to know yourself.”
--Don DeLillo, 'Point Omega'

“I wanted a perfect ending. Now I’ve learned, the hard way, that some poems don’t rhyme, and some stories don’t have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what’s going to happen next. Delicious Ambiguity.”
--Gilda Radner

“The morning breezes have secrets to tell; don’t go back to sleep.”
--Rumi

“Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.”
--Carl Sagan

“Take chances, take a lot of them. Because honestly, no matter where you end up and with whom, it always ends up just the way it should be. Your mistakes make you who you are. You learn and grow with each choice you make. Everything is worth it. Say how you feel, always. Be you, and be okay with it.”
--Unknown

No comments: