Wednesday, February 01, 2012

There’s time. There is time. There’s so much time.

“To make the right choices in life, you have to get in touch with your soul. To do this, you need to experience solitude, which most people are afraid of, because in the silence you hear the truth and know the solutions.”
--Deepak Chopra

“When I am silent, I fall into the place where everything is music.”
--Rumi

“If people bring so much courage to this world the world has to kill them to break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.”
--Ernest Hemingway, 'A Farewell to Arms'

“What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us. What we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal.”
--Albert Pine

“And, if you believe, in very simple terms, that people mean you well, and will treat you kindly, they will. And, if you believe that the world is against you, then so it will be in your experience. And, if you believe that you will begin to deteriorate at age 22, then so you shall.”
--Jane Roberts

“I hate to hear you talk about all women as if they were fine ladies instead of rational creatures. None of us want to be in calm waters all our lives.”
--Jane Austen

“Things usually make sense in time, and even bad decisions have their own kind of correctness.”
--Miranda July

“My name is Russell Greene. Maybe you passed me and my family out on the highway. Maybe you were driving some fancy sports car or an old beat up four-door. Maybe you had someplace to be. Or maybe like us you’re living out your dream with your house hitched up behind you, and America the Beautiful up ahead. But whoever you are you be sure to give us a wave the next time you drive by. Cause we’re your neighbors, and we’re all on the road together.”
--Opening credits narration of 'Promised Land'

“So I wait for you like a lonely house
till you will see me again and live in me.
Till then my windows ache.”
--Pablo Neruda, 100 Love Sonnets

“She said there is a glow to love: she had actually seen it. It is like the entire sun coming to rest in the belly of a kneeling sheep. It is like a glint from the beads of an Italian necklace that hung at her mother’s throat. It is like two lovers flashing mirrors through space and time.”
--Gail Jones, 'Sixty Lights'

“I have disappeared into my love for you - and I think you should either give me back or join me here and lose yourself as well.”
--Charles Hunter

"You can try to escape the story of your life, but you can’t. It happened…heart broke. I knew you when you were young. Heart broke too. I will know you when we are old too. And maybe wise. I know you now. Your story. Mine isn’t the one I would have chosen in the beginning. But, I’ll take it. It is my story. It’s only mine. And, it’s not over. There’s time. There is time. There’s so much time."
---Laura Dern, 'Enlightened'

“Every moment and every event of every man’s life on earth plants something in his soul.”
--Thomas Merton

“You are whatever a moon has always meant and whatever a sun will always sing.”
--E.E. Cummings

“Elegance doesn’t mean being noticed, it means being remembered.”
--Giorgio Armani

“A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there’s nothing left to add, but when there’s nothing left to take away”
--A. Saint-Exupery

“She is a girl and would not be afraid to walk the whole world with herself.”
--Augusta Gregory, 'Visions And Beliefs In The West Of Ireland'

“What people are ashamed of usually makes a good story.”
--F. Scott Fitzgerald, 'The Love of the Last Tycoon'

“Don’t feel stupid if you do not like what everyone else pretends to love.”
--Patrick Mimran

“Go out and do something. It isn’t your room that’s a prison, it’s yourself.”
--Sylvia Plath

“There’s a plane leaving for anywhere you want right now, and in an hour, and in a day, and in a year. You can get out whenever you want, it’s comforting I think.”
--Unknown

“A real education takes place, not in the lecture hall or library, but in the rooms of friends, with earnest frolic and happy disputation. Wine can be a wiser teacher than ink, and banter better than books.”
--Stephen Fry

“What people seem to forget is there’s always more than a single road to any given destination. If you get lost, make the best of it. If you hit a dead-end, turn around and try another way. Just don’t give up.”
--Unknown

“I have always lived violently, drunk hugely, eaten too much or not at all, slept around the clock or missed two nights sleep, worked too long and too hard in glory, or slobbed for a time in utter laziness. I’ve lifted, pulled, chopped, climbed, made love with joy and taken my hangovers as a consequence, not as a punishment.”
--John Steinbeck

“When anything is blocking my head or there’s worry in my life, I just go sit on Mars or something and look back here at Earth. All you can see is this tiny speck. You don’t see the fear. You don’t see the pain. You don’t see thought. It’s just one solid speck. Then nothing really matters. It just doesn’t.”
--Heath Ledger

No comments: