Thursday, June 28, 2012

flowers turn their heads to smell you.

All quotes by Shane Koyczan

“I've been told 
that people in the army 
do more by 7:00 am 
than I do 
in an entire day 
But if I wake 
at 6:59 am 
and turn to you 
to trace the outline of your lips 
with mine 
I will have done enough 
and killed no one 
in the process.”

“And you are worth the time it takes to take the time to get to know you. We've managed to muttle through the awkward stage of I like you and you like me, but when we both finally said 'yes' life became a multiple choice test, not knowing anything we became each others best guess. And, holding your hand is less like exploration and more like discovery. Lady, I don't have to study you to be sure. You're the choice I made before I knew what the other choices were.”

“I don't want to turn any of this into poetry / but / you're so beautiful / flowers turn their heads to smell you.” 
--'Visiting Hours'

“Don't let your luggage define your travels, each life unravels differently.”

“Someone once told me that the finer points of devotion are about the size of a pinhole, and there are millions of them. And if you could connect each dot, then you’ve got a diagram of what you think you thought you knew, and if you’re willing to admit that you know nothing…you have the blueprint for a breakthrough.”

“Don't tell me you're not beautiful. You're the kind of beautiful the blind would see if we could figure out some way to give them three seconds of sight.”

“We so seldom understand each other. But if understanding is neither here nor there, and the universe is infinite, then understand that no matter where we go we will always be smack dab in the middle of nowhere. All we can do is share some piece of ourselves, and hope that it’s remembered. Hope that we meant something to someone.”

1 comment:

Unknown said...

wow! you are a beautiful person.
will come back and visit you again.