Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Cheers, No Tears

I'm going to be just about as happy as I can be.

That day she realized that perhaps happiness is not a long-term concept, but rather a collection of moments that make you happy right now. A smile, a sunset, a cup of hot chocolate, or a lover to hold your hand. Smiles turn to frowns, sunsets fade. Cups of hot chocolate are emptied, lovers come & go but that doesn't make the happiness of the moment any less real.

"Be quiet, still and solitary. The world will freely offer itself to you. It will roll in ecstasy at your feet."
--Kafka

Life. Liberty. The pursuit of happiness. You know what? If you spend a little more time going after that happiness, you'll be free to have much more of a life.

When what we are is what we want to be, that's happiness.

But through it all, I never understood the point of being sad when I could choose to be happy.

"I believe in pink, I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day, and I believe in miracles."
--Audrey Hepburn

"Barefoot or first thing in the morning, I feel beautiful. I didn't always feel that way, but I feel that way now. When somebody just loves you, and when you make somebody else happy, when your presence seems to make them happy, you suddenly feel like the most beautiful person in the world."
--Angelina Jolie

"Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it."
--Groucho Marx

"Let's be honest. Sometimes there is nothing harder in life than being happy for somebody else."
--Sex and the City

"Remember, cheers no tears."
--Marilyn Monroe

Hey, I've got nothing to do today but smile.

Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get.

No comments: