Sunday, August 17, 2008

She wanted to go home.

"I don’t cheat. Okay, sometimes I cheat at cards, but just for the hell of it. And sometimes I lie when it’s expedient. Or when a lie’s just more fun than the truth. I can be mean when it suits me, which is a lot. But I don’t kick a man when he’s down, unless I’m the one who put him down in the first place. I don’t put him down unless he deserves it. And I don’t break my word when I give it. So I’ll give you my word, I won’t cheat on you."
--Nora Roberts, 'Northern Lights

"She’d done nothing in her life to deserve him. And somehow that made it all that much more wonderful."
--Nora Roberts, 'Northern Lights'

To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else -- means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight, and never stop fighting.

She didn't know whether she was running away from something or running to something, but she admitted that deep in her heart she wanted to go home.

THINK OF HAPPY THINGS, it's the same as having wings.

You could patch up whatever was broken, but if you were the one who had fixed it, you’d always know in your heart where the fault lines lay.

No one looks back to the past and sees the nights that they got plenty of sleep.

Good looking people should never open their own drink or light their own cigarette.

Hemingway wrote, “This world is a good place, and it is worth fighting for.” I believe in the second part.

No comments: